Program: 2016 Chase Leadership Development Program - Summer Analyst Program
At Chase, we believe the only way to succeed in the dynamic financial services industry is to exceed our customers’ expectations. Innovation and individual enterprise are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
What you can expect
The Summer Chase Leadership Development Program (CLDP) is an intensive 10week internship designed to provide you with deep insight into the Consumer & Community Banking businesses. As a CLDP Summer Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues on efforts aligned to our business priorities and growth strategies. You will be given meaningful assignments and projects to learn about our products and services while helping re-define our customer experience.
The CLDP Summer Analyst program is designed to provide a meaningful experience in one of the following tracks:
- Analytics Track: Projects may include profitability, data mining, pricing, and financial reporting. Summer Analysts will gain hands-on knowledge around analyzing consumer insights and behaviors to identify new ways to improve our products and services. You may also be tapped to conduct usability analysis of our web and mobile platforms and content, tackle complex business problems such as presenting best suited products and offers, and developing financial forecasts.
- Marketing & Product Development Track: Projects may include drafting original content, headlines and social media posts and collaborating with partners for curation and production; working on an innovative product feature, developing and executing a social media strategy. Summer Analysts may also be exposed to additional efforts around assessing campaign performance and assisting with marketing strategies.
- Risk Management Track: Projects may involve advanced decision science, such as analyzing data to support risk/reward business decisions, assessing and forecasting profit and loss, and analyzing performance metrics. In addition, you will gain knowledge of credit risk management, controls and infrastructure and help provide effective risk management improvements.
During your internship, your first-hand business experience will be complimented by training, both facilitated and self-paced. Our training curriculum is designed to enhance your business knowledge, professional, technical and functional capabilities. You will interact with Chase leaders and fellow CLDP Analysts through networking and learning sessions. You will engage with full-time Analysts who will also serve as mentors throughout your summer experience. We provide a comprehensive career coaching and performance management process including mid-summer and final evaluations with your assignment manager, as well as periodic check-ins with program management to ensure you are on the right track. Based on performance and business needs, top performing, eligible Summer Analysts may be invited back to join us the following year for either the full time rotational program or a returning summer internship.
The program is open to sophomores or juniors working towards a Bachelor degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Evidence of leadership and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver results and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Passion to serve customers and desire to drive customer satisfaction
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Permanent U.S. work authorization is required
Specific qualifications by track
Marketing and Product Development
- On track for a BA in Business Management, Communications, Consumer Behavior, Marketing or related business major
- Strong presentation skills a plus
- Ability to interpret data to understand underlying patterns/ trends and provide actionable, data-driven insights
Specific qualifications by track (cont’d.)
- On track for a BA or BS, in Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Physics or related analytical or quantitative major
- Ability to review large amounts of data and use the information to develop a set of recommendations or solutions
- Prior experience with query languages (SAS, SQL) a plus
- Knowledge of quantitative analysis, statistical modeling techniques, including linear regression, logistic regression, and time series preferred
- On track for a BA or BS in Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related analytical major
- Strong interest in structuring analyses to solve business questions and problems
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Locations: Wilmington, Delaware; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX
A little more about Chase
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at Chase. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with customers so you can make an impact in our local and global neighborhoods and communities every single day. With offices in over 100 countries around the world, we are committed to your growth and development and offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go.
This opportunity is closed to applications.