Program: 2016 Chase Leadership Development Program - Full-time Analyst Program
At Chase, we believe the only way to succeed in the dynamic financial services industry is to exceed our customers’ expectations. Innovation and individual enterprise are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
What you can expect
The Chase Leadership Development Program (CLDP) is an intensive two-year, entry-level rotational program within Consumer & Community Banking. The program consists of a series of rotations that offer meaningful work experiences within one of the three core disciplines based on our business needs. During each rotation, you will work alongside a new and diverse team of colleagues who will rely on the fresh perspective you bring. You’ll be integral to high priority, strategic initiatives that help shape our customer experience and enhance our business operations. The program is designed to provide participants with a uniquely broad set of experiences that will lead them to be the future leaders of the business.
This three 8-month rotational program is designed for highly-motivated undergraduates looking to drive meaningful impact and gain high level knowledge across our businesses through one of three distinct tracks. To help you find one that best fits your talents and interests, below offers insights into each of the track’s projects and opportunities. Please note: All rotations are in the location city of hire.
- Analytics Track: Work on projects that will expose you to profitability, data mining, complex model development, pricing, and financial reporting, while providing you with hands-on knowledge on how to analyze consumer insights and behaviors to identify new ways to improve our products and services. You may also be tapped to conduct usability analysis of our web and mobile platforms and content, tackle complex business problems such as presenting best suited products and offers, and developing financial forecasts.
- Marketing & Product Development Track: Work on an innovative product feature, developing and executing a social media strategy, and creating print, digital or mobile marketing promotions to acquire new customers. Analysts may also be exposed to additional efforts around assessing campaign performance and assisting with marketing strategies.
- Risk Management Track: Work on projects that involve advanced decision science, such as analyzing data to support risk/reward business decisions, assessing and forecasting profit and loss, and analyzing performance metrics. You will gain knowledge of credit risk management, controls and infrastructure and help provide effective risk management improvements.
In addition to offering you challenging work, you will also benefit from a rigorous training curriculum designed to enhance your professional development, and business, technical and functional capabilities. You will interact with Chase leaders through networking and learning sessions, while maintain a strong network among your CLDP colleagues and alumni. A dedicated program manager focused on your career progression will further guide your experience. By the end of the program you will have gained a solid understanding of Chase businesses, customers, products, services and strategies. Upon successful completion of the program, you will utilize the network and knowledge gained throughout your rotations to help you identify your next role – one that best suits your interests and skills.
The program is open to students in their final year of study working towards a Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Evidence of leadership and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver results and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Passion to serve customers and desire to drive customer satisfaction
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Permanent U.S. work authorization is required
Specific qualifications by track
Marketing and Product Development
- On track for a BA in Business Management, Communications, Consumer Behavior, Marketing or related business major
- Strong presentation skills a plus
- Ability to interpret data to understand underlying patterns/ trends and provide actionable, data-driven insights
Specific qualifications by track (cont’d.)
- On track for a BA or BS, in Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Physics or related analytical or quantitative major
- Ability to review large amounts of data and use the information to develop a set of recommendations or solutions
- Prior experience with query languages (SAS, SQL) a plus
- Knowledge of quantitative analysis, statistical modeling techniques, including linear regression, logistic regression, and time series preferred
- On track for a BA or BS in Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related analytical major
- Strong interest in structuring analyses to solve business questions and problems
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Locations: Columbus, Ohio; Dallas, Texas (Risk and Analytics only); Wilmington, Delaware
A little more about Chase
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at Chase. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with customers so you can make an impact in our local and global neighborhoods and communities every single day. With offices in over 100 countries around the world, we are committed to your growth and development and offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go.
Where to go from here
Interested? Apply directly on the Chase careers website. If you think your skills may be better matched, then have another look around chase.com/careers.
©2015-2016 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
This opportunity is closed to applications.